Finally, then, brothers, we ask and urge you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God, just as you are doing, that you do so more and more. For …Read More »
Tag Archives: sex
With marriage and its (re)definition in the headlines nearly everyday, this is a vital question. As of late October 2013, 1-in-5 Americans inhabit a state or jurisdiction wherein same-sex marriage is legal. Hebrews 12:25-13:6 serves as a fitting frame for the consideration of this question.
Foundational Input from Our Creator
See that you do not refuse him who is speaking. For if they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, much less will we escape if we reject him who warns from heaven. At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, “Yet once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” This phrase, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of things that are shaken—that is, things that have been made—in order that the things that cannot be shaken may remain.Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.
Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body. Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
- Manhood and womanhood was God's idea (Gen 1:27-28).
- God linked his design for manhood and womanhood with marriage (Gen 2:23-24).
- Jesus emphasized the link between creation, manhood and womanhood, and the true nature of a life-long covenant relationship wherein God does the joining together (Matt 19:1-6).
- Paul reveals the deepest meaning of marriage as designed and defined by God (Eph 5:24-33).
- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day: He Said. She Said: Eight Powerful Phrases That Will Strengthen Your Marriage (Jay & Laura Laffoon) - $1.99 (87% off); The Millennials: Connecting to America's Largest Generation (Thom & Jess Rainer) - $2.99 (87% off).
- One of the great features of Doy Moyer's new blog is his inclusion of articles from his father, Forrest D. Moyer (1929-1997). Here's one called The Divine Measuring Stick.
- Matt Allen suggests three signs your spiritual life may be beginning to slip.
- In Part 2 of his Making Wise Investments series, Andy Sochor reflects on buying the truth.
- Gary Henry encourages, "Let us resist the temptation to take the pen out of God’s hand and write the story ourselves."
- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day - A Cappella Music in the Public Worship of the Church (Everett Ferguson) – $1.99; Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions (Gregory Koukl) - $1.99 (87% off).
- Danger, Carlos: internet-fueled sex addiction is growing; experts say the problem is getting worse and the tech industry isn't helping.
- Gary Henry, on the emptiness of autonomy: "One of the great ironies of our existence as created beings is that our completeness requires that we keep in touch with our incompleteness!"
- Google chief Eric Schmidt warns: "Teenagers' mistakes will stay with them forever."
- Andy Sochor has just released My Son, Hear My Words: Notes on Proverbs. Check out the limited time offer that includes a free Kindle version of the book.
After this picture of Bre and Josh went viral, Bre decided to share the story behind the image. It's worth your time today.
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous. (Heb 13:4)Moments before I was to walk down the aisle my soon to be mother in law came in the dressing room where my bridesmaids and I were all gushing with giggles and fluttering about finishing last minute details. "Sweetheart, your groom has called for you!". In a nervous tizzy I said, "What?! I'm not ready! I have to get my shoes and..." She had already taken my hand and led me to a corner, where my groom was waiting. I barely sat down; I was filled with so much anticipation! So much excitement! So many nerves! "Is he going to like my dress? Does my hair look pretty? Can he see me?!" Right around the corner sat my soon to be husband, I so was nervous he might see me yet secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of him. In my excited state I was the first to speak, "Hi sweetie! We're getting married today!" "I know baby and I want to pray with you before we do." There we sat around the corner hand in hand, and together we bowed our heads. People were rushing about; the wedding coordinator directing people here and there, the photographers snapping photos and the bridal party enjoying each others company. Yet in that moment, in the quietness of our hearts and minds, my husband and I were alone in the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Read More »
Our culture and its dialogue are absolutely immersed in two enormous lies.
- If you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must either hate them, fear them, or be intolerantly and irrationally prejudiced against them.
- If you love someone, you must agree with or silently tolerate everything they believe and do.
These are lies that disciples of Christ simply cannot afford to believe. Why?
- These lies fail to acknowledge the objective standard given by our Creator.
- These lies elevate our definition of happiness above God’s prescription for holiness.
- These lies distort the nature of God’s written revelation to mankind.
This sermon seeks to hold these increasingly common lies under the microscope of divine revelation.Read More »
CHEAP eBook Deal of the Day: 10 Building Blocks for a Solid Family (Jim Burns, Foreword by Dr. Gary Chapman) – $4.08 (73% off). According to a recent U.N. study, more people on earth have access to cell phones than toilets. Ferrell …Read More »
FREE eBook Deal of the Day: An Expose on Teen Sex and Dating: What’s Really Going On and How to Talk About It (Andy Braner) – FREE (regularly $9.99). Who knew wind was such a beautiful thing? Take a look, then read …Read More »