Cheap eBook Deals of the Day: Stopping Stress Before It Stops You: A Game Plan for Every Mom (Dr. Kevin Leman) – $2.99 (77% off); What a Difference a Mom Makes: The Indelible Imprint a Mom Leaves on Her Son’s ...Read More »
Tag Archives: family
I, therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. (Eph 4:1-3)
Annoyances. Frustrations. Disagreements. Misunderstandings. Short tempers.
If you're human, you can relate. And because human homes are made up of human beings, the atmosphere of our homes is sometimes polluted with relational smog. In such moments, the last word on our minds may be "gentleness."
Of the many prophecies Jesus fulfilled, consider this one:
___ He will not quarrel or cry aloud, _____ nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; ___ a bruised reed he will not break, _____ and a smoldering wick he will not quench. (Matt 12:19-20)
Gentleness is a fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23). It is "put on" by those who have dedicated themselves to holiness (Col 3:12). It is a sign of growth in character. The gentle man or woman has left behind childish foolishness (Tit 3:3) and is manifesting maturity in the determination to "speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, to show perfect courtesy toward all people" (Tit 3:2). In other words, gentleness doesn't "come naturally." Gentleness is a choice. The choice to walk in the footsteps of our Savior. Who did not quarrel. Whose voice did not echo in unrighteous anger from across the street. Who did not maliciously break the broken reed or selfishly quench the smoldering wick.Read More »
- FREE eBook Deal of the Day - Beyond Ordinary: When a Good Marriage Just Isn’t Good Enough (Justin & Trisha Davis) – regularly $14.99.
- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day - Gods at War: Defeating the Idols that Battle for Your Heart (Kyle Idleman) – $3.99 (73% off); Devotions for the Man in the Mirror: 75 Readings to Cultivate a Deeper Walk with Christ (Patrick Morley) – $1.99; Couples of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study to Draw You Closer to God and Each Other (Robert & Bobbie Wolgemuth) – $3.99 (83% off); Love Works: Seven Timeless Principles for Effective Leaders (Joel Manby) – $3.99 (80% off).
- Rickie Jenkins takes a look at courage through the lens of the Bible.
- The Washington Post recently reported, "More than six out of 10 women who give birth in their early 20s are unmarried, the Census Bureau said Wednesday in a report that shows sharp discrepancies in single mothers related to income, education and race."
- Gary Henry's Daily Family Bible Study for the week emphasizes that prayer should be an important part of our everyday lives.
- Roger Shouse provides a some encouragement on how to apply Romans 12:21 “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”
- FREE eBook Deals of the Day - Happily Ever After: Six Secrets to a Successful Marriage (Gary Chapman) – regularly $15.99; The Masculine Mandate: God’s Calling to Men (Richard D. Phillips) – regularly $15.00.
- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day - The Ring Makes All the Difference: The Hidden Consequences of Cohabitation and the Strong Benefits of Marriage (Glenn T. Stanton) – $4.99 (67% off); A Place for Weakness: Preparing Yourself for Suffering (Michael S. Horton) – $3.99 (73% off); People Of The Past With Lessons For Today (Edited by Jon Quinn & Warren Berkley) – $0.99 (83% off).
- Gary Henry's Daily Family Bible Study for the week explores how God sometimes allows us to suffer the consequences of our sins after we are forgiven.
- Ferrell Jenkins has two posts to enhance your Biblical knowledge of Ephraim.
- Elisha Galotti writes, "For a parent, sometimes looking at our children can be like looking in a mirror. There are some moments when a glance in this mirror can bring amazed joy, and other moments, an ashamed ache."
- Berry Kercheville asks, "How's your level of commitment?"
CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day - Transformational Discipleship: How People Really Grow (Eric Geiger, Michael Kelley, Philip Nation) – $4.99 (67% off); Essential Church (Thom S. Rainer & Sam Rainer III) – $4.99 (75% off); Built by the Lord: A Study of the Family (Edwin Crozier) – $2.99 ...Read More »
- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day: And Then I Had Kids: Encouragement for Mothers of Young Children (Susan Alexander Yates) - $1.99 (88% off); What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms (Angie Smith) - $3.79 (75% off); Feathers From My Nest: A Mother's Reflections (Beth Moore) - $4.99 (67% off).
- Doy Moyer reflects on the relationship of obedience and grace. "Obedience does not mean that one is trying to earn salvation. To say that obedience is necessary is not a contradiction of grace, but a complement to grace."
- Jennifer Gerhardt has a confession: "I’m a preacher’s wife, and to be honest, I don’t always love Sundays."
- "Well, since we're all Christians, let me tell you this joke." Rhodes Davis reminds us, "We should shine as lights into the dark world and demonstrate the holiness of Christ in our lives so that all will know we are Christians. Especially among fellow Christians."
- Gary Henry's Daily Family Bible Study for the week emphasizes that apart from God, life is empty.
CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day: Effective Marriage Counseling: The His Needs, Her Needs Guide to Helping Couples (Willard F. Harley, Jr.) – $1.99 (90% off); Simple Church (Thom S. Rainer & Eric Geiger) – $0.99 (93% off); A Proverbs Driven Life: ...Read More »
CHEAP eBook Deal of the Day: Journey to Joy: The Psalms of Ascent (Josh Moody) – $0.99 (93% off). Ken Weliever issues a simple challenge: be kind. “In a world that is often insensitive, cold and calloused, Christians are called upon to ...Read More »