Famous “last words” are a special form of quotation and perspective that fascinate many people. Have you ever considered the last words of Jesus and what we can learn from them?
Words from the Cross
- Luke 23:33-34 — words of forgiveness that encapsulate his entire mission.
- Luke 23:39-43 — words of assurance that there is more than meets the earthly eye.
- John 19:25-27 — words of compassion that reveal his concern for his loved ones.
- Matt 27:45-46 — words of anguish that convey the horrific consequences of sin.
- John 19:28 — words of suffering that demonstrate his relatable humanity.
- John 19:30 — words of victory that reflect the fulfillment of God’s eternal purpose.
- Luke 23:45-46 — words of submission in anticipation of a reunion with his Father.