The Letter of Paul to the Romans forms a magnificent landscape of God-breathed revelation, framed by two bookends:
…we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith… (Rom 1:5)
Now to him who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages but has now been disclosed and through the prophetic writings has been made known to all nations, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith—to the only wise God be glory forevermore through Jesus Christ! Amen. (Rom 16:25-27)
At the heart of Paul’s letter is this question: Are you willing to “present” your body “as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship”? Will you refuse to be “conformed to this world,” choosing instead to be “transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect”?
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
* Lesson 1 (Romans 1:1-15) – To Bring About the Obedience of Faith
* Lesson 2 (Romans 1:16-17) – I Am Not Ashamed of the Gospel
* Lesson 3 (Romans 1:18-32) – The Wrath of God is Revealed
* Lesson 4 (Romans 2:1-11) – You Have No Excuse, O Man
* Lesson 5 (Romans 2:11-29) – God Shows No Partiality
* Lesson 6 (Romans 3:1-20) – Then What Advantage Has the Jew?
* Lesson 7 (Romans 3:21-31) – Justified by His Grace as a Gift
* Lesson 8 (Romans 4:1-25) – Abraham, Who is the Father of Us All
* Lesson 9 (Romans 5:1-11) – Peace with God Through Jesus Christ
* Lesson 10 (Romans 5:12-21) – The Free Gift is Not Like the Trespass
* Lesson 11 (Romans 6:1-23) – Dead to Sin and Alive to God in Christ
* Lesson 12 (Romans 7:1-25) – The New Way of the Spirit
* Lesson 13 (Romans 8:1-17) – Led by the Spirit of Life
* Lesson 14 (Romans 8:18-39) – The Glory that is to be Revealed to Us
* Lesson 15 (Romans 9:1-33) – Is There Injustice on God’s Part?
* Lesson 16 (Romans 10:1-21) – No Distinction Between Jew and Greek
* Lesson 17 (Romans 11:1-36) – Lest You Be Wise in Your Own Sight
* Lesson 18 (Romans 12:1-2) – I Appeal to You Therefore, Brothers
* Lesson 19 (Romans 12:3-21) – Lives of Sacrifice to God
* Lesson 20 (Romans 13:1-7) – Subject to the Governing Authorities
* Lesson 21 (Romans 13:8-14) – Put on the Lord Jesus Christ
* Lesson 22 (Romans 14:1-15:7) – Let Us Pursue What Makes for Peace
* Lesson 23 (Romans 15:8-33) – Servants of Christ Jesus
* Lesson 24 (Romans 16:1-27) – The Grace of Our Lord Be With You
* 24 lessons
* 91 pages
* Downloadable PDF file
©2014 The IMAGE Project. All rights reserved. No part of the downloadable file may be distributed without written permission from the publisher.