Few things are more needed in today’s homes, schools, communities, and churches than healthy respect for authority.
“Everyone who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” (Matt 7:24)
Even though Jesus spoke the words 2,000 years ago, they continue to bring us to the same fundamental fork in the road.
When Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching, for he was teaching them as one who had authority… (Matt 7:28-29)
God’s ultimate authority is the bedrock. Will we recognize it, submit to it, and build our lives on it?
This workbook is designed for adult and teenage Bible classes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
* Lesson 1 – What is Authority and Why Does It Matter?
* Lesson 2 – God’s Authoritative Expectations in the Old Testament
* Lesson 3 – God’s Authoritative Expectations in the New Testament
* Lesson 4 – The Catastrophic Consequences of Lawlessness
* Lesson 5 – The Raw Materials of Communication
* Lesson 6 – The Nature of God’s Written Revelation to Mankind
* Lesson 7 – The Intersection of Heavenly Authority and Everyday Life
* Lesson 8 – When It’s Time to Make a Judgment Call
* Lesson 9 – When God Hasn’t Said Anything About It
* Lesson 10 – Living in the Light of God’s Authority as a Disciple
* Lesson 11 – Worshiping in the Light of God’s Authority as a Church
* Lesson 12 – Working in the Light of God’s Authority as a Church
* Lesson 13 – Traveling the Ancient Paths in a Postmodern Age
* 13 lessons
* 71 pages
* Downloadable PDF file
©2014 The IMAGE Project. All rights reserved. No part of the downloadable file may be distributed without written permission from the publisher.