- How much is a homemaker worth? A new study from Investopedia estimated the value at $96,261 per year. “She looks well to the ways of her household… Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her” (Prov 31:27-28).
- Edwin Crozier powerfully encourages us not to take this trip alone.
- Ken Weliever helps us learn to say, “I’m sorry.”
- Ferrell Jenkins has made a number of recent posts on the kings of ancient Babylon – Nabopolassar, Babylonian kings in Biblical history, Nebuchadnezzar, Evil-merodach, and Nabonidus.
- Tim Challies offers some thoughts on that pesky rooster near the conclusion of the gospels.
A gospel is an announcement of something that has happened in history, something that’s been done for you that changes your status forever. Right there you can see the difference between Christianity and all other religions, including no religion. The essence of other religions is advice; Christianity is essentially news. Other religions say, “This is what you have to do in order to connect to God forever; this is how you have to live in order to earn your way to God.” But the gospel says, “This is what has been done in history. This is how Jesus lived and died to earn the way to God for you.” Christianity is completely different. It’s joyful news.
- Tim Keller