In Christ, God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (2 Cor. 5:19-20)
There is a process to gospel transformation. Each person must…
How can you contribute, as a disciple of Jesus, to the growth of his kingdom and thereby glorify your Father in heaven?
- Consistently remind yourself that every person you ever come in contact with has a soul (Eccl 12:7).
- Never forget that God shows no partiality (Acts 10:34-35).
- Appreciate that all will stand in judgment (Rom 14:12).
- Encourage others to “Come and see” (John 1:46).
- Recommend specific reasons to visit (John 4:28-30).
- Continue to feed yourself with the Word of God so that you can grow in your ability to talk with others about your faith (2 Tim 2:15).
- Pray for opportunities, wisdom and boldness (Acts 4:29-30).
Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved… (Rom 10:1)
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. (Rom 12:12)
You know dozens of people in desperate need of responding to the gospel. Your heart grieves as you think of brothers and sisters who have turned away from God in unfaithfulness. But have you prayed for them? What could happen if you did? Remember, it is prayer that “plugs us in” to the awesome God of the universe. With that truth in mind, throughout 2011, pick a different person each month and pray for them every single day. Pray for receptive hearts, for opportunities, for wisdom, and boldness. Pray that God might use you to help save them.
Engage the world around you this week for the glory of God! ”Present your body as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship” (Rom 12:1).