“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God” (Matt 4:4).
January 1, 2012. Looking for a Bible reading plan to get the new year kicked off well? Why not consider reading the Bible chronologically?
In an effort to grow in the word of the Lord, our aim at Laurel Canyon is to walk through the Bible in chronological order throughout 2012. Our monthly Reading Calendars (freely available as a PDF download) will sync the Old Testament, the New Testament, and even books like Psalms and Proverbs as they unfolded historically. The “big picture” of our tour through the Bible can be seen below. Our plan also provides 52 “catch up” days—one for each week of the year.
“Man shall not live by bread alone.” Those are our Lord’s words. Let’s take them seriously and live on the word every day in 2012.
Click here for the January 2012 reading calendar, and be sure to come back at the end of January for the continued schedule.
ACT 1: GOD’S PLAN FOR ALL PEOPLE
- Creation: The God of all life
- Fall: Rejecting God’s vision for life
- Flood: God judges and makes a covenant to preserve life
ACT 2: GOD’S COVENANT PEOPLE
- The People: God calls a covenant people
- Deliverance: God rescues his people
- Covenant and Law: God embraces and instructs his people
- The Land: God’s place for his people
- Kings & Prophets: God shapes and warns his people
- Exile: God disciplines his people
- Return: God delivers his people again
ACT 3: GOD’S NEW COVENANT PEOPLE
- Christ’s Coming: God’s true King arrives
- Christ’s Ministry: God’s true King introduces his kingdom
- Christ’s Deliverance of His People: God’s work through the death, resurrection, and enthronement of his King
- Christ’s Church: God’s people advance the kingdom
- Christ’s Second Coming: The glorious future of God’s kingdom citizens