In these first two weeks of 2011, I’ve given you a glimpse into our focus for the year at Laurel Canyon. We hope to establish and affirm throughout 2011 that real transformation is possible. You can lead a Romans 12 kind of life, for your lasting joy and for God’s eternal glory. You can be everything God created you to be, if you put D.A.R.E. into wholehearted practice.
Here’s a recap of the relevant posts from the last two weeks:
- Discernment — what is God’s will for my life?
- Adoption — making my faith my own.
- Renewal — out with the old, in with the new.
- Engagement — living for Christ, every day, everywhere.
- Engaging as an Experienced Disciple
- Engaging as a New Disciple
- Engaging with the Good News
- Engaging at Home
I figured I’d wrap this series of posts up with a link to the sermon I preached on January 2, 2011 that introduced the entire theme. Each first Sunday morning of the year at Laurel Canyon, we hand out a booklet that outlines our practical plan for personal and congregational growth in the coming year. You can download a PDF copy below.
Thanks for your interest, and may the everlasting God be gracious to us and daring in his use of us as we grow in our efforts “to be conformed to the image of his Son” (Romans 8:29). To him be the glory.
For more interactive outlines and mp3 recordings, be sure to visit the Sermons archive.