Links worth a look from around the web:
- Russell Moore shares when he truly understood “Abba, Father!” for the very first time.
- Matthew Bassford reflects on content, culture, and VBS.
- “How shameful it is when someone wants to do right and come back but they fear the church. Something is terribly wrong when that happens.” Roger Shouse highlights some important principles from Galatians 6:1.
- Doy Moyer offers an important reminder: “Controversy entails the use of argument. Real argument. Unfortunately, some confuse argument with assertion.”
- “I remember my Bible class teachers.” If you devoted time and energy to teaching a children’s Bible class yesterday, you’ll find this post from Adam Faughn encouraging.
Appian Media asks:
What do we know about the first-century village of Magdala? Not much is said about this town in the Bible, but a few conclusions can be drawn because of its geographic location. Archeologists are also making amazing discoveries in this town that reveal an industry that was thriving in the time of Jesus; an industry that we read about on several occasions in scripture.
The guys from Appian are currently shooting more footage in Israel. For snippets of their adventure, be sure to check out their blog.
- Awe: Why It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do (Tripp, $3.99)
- The Hole in Our Holiness (DeYoung, $3.99)
- How to Read the Bible Book by Book (Fee & Stuart, $3.99)
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth (Fee & Stuart, $3.99)