Looking for a daily Bible reading plan for 2017? Here’s an adapted version of the tool we’re using at Laurel Canyon.
Our daily Bible reading plan takes us on a journey through all sections of God’s written revelation:
- Each Sunday and Wednesday we read a psalm (to lift our hearts in worship and provide mid-week refreshment)
- Most weekdays we read a chapter from the New Testament (to fix our eyes on Jesus, reminding ourselves of what it means to be his disciple) and a chapter from the Old Testament (to expand our knowledge of God’s great plan to save mankind)
- Each Saturday we read a chapter from Proverbs (to grow in wisdom)
My favorite aspect of this tool is what is printed at the top of each month’s calendar:
- I will pray this month for…
- I will show hospitality this month to…
- I will serve this month by…
I’m planning to post frequent reflections from this schedule throughout 2017 and I’d love to have you join me in reading the most wonderful book in the world.
“Man shall not live by bread alone” (Matt 4:4). Those were our Lord’s words. Let’s take them seriously and interact with his word every day in 2017.