They are three of the most serious words a doctor can pass along: “Failure to thrive.”
To thrive is to grow, to develop strength, to prosper, to do well, to flourish.
For the sake of HIS name is our theme for 2017 at Laurel Canyon and one of the pillars of that theme is THRIVE in this family.
- Thriving is a matter of the heart (Psa 42)
- Thriving ultimately depends upon my relationship with God (Psa 1)
- God’s will for my life is that I would thrive! (Luke 4:18-19; 5:31-32; John 10:10-11)
- When I follow his lead, God gives growth (1 Cor 2:6-7, 16; 3:1-9)
IN THIS FAMILY
- You are not alone (Eph 2:19; Acts 20:28; 1 Pet 5:1-2; Phil 1:1)
- What does it look like to thrive like your Father wants you to thrive?
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (Gal 5:22-23)
- What’s it going to take to thrive like your Father wants you to thrive?
But I say, walk by the Spirit… (Gal 5:16)
But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. (Gal 5:18)
If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. (Gal 5:25)
- By this time, where ought I to be? (Heb 5:12) Where am I going to go from here?
This sermon was delivered on January 29, 2017.