Our lives are shaped by “steps.” Steps are small and slow, but they define a direction that makes a difference over a lifetime.
Our Creator has repeatedly encouraged us to realize the potential for danger in our steps:
- Thoughtless steps (Prov 14:15-16)
- Forbidden steps (Prov 5:1-14, 21-23)
- Straying steps (Prov 7:24-27)
- Foolish steps (Prov 27:12)
- Steps without regard for God (Jer 10:23)
Our Creator has also defined the direction we ought to have been stepping all along:
- Steps in “the good way” (Jer 6:16)
- Established steps (Psa 37:23-24, 30-31)
- Secure steps (Psa 40:1-2)
- Steady steps (Psa 119:129-133)
- Steps with the right perspective (Job 31:4; 34:21)
You are where you are this morning because of steps that lie behind you:
- Your spiritual health, vitality, and maturity
- Your marriage
- Your investment in and connectedness to this local church
- Your relationships that have been strained or broken
- Your reputation
- Your readiness for eternity
But as of this moment, those aren’t your last steps! So what about your next steps?
This sermon was delivered on November 6, 2016.