Our Creator encourages us to see and seize opportunities:
- Joshua: “Choose this day whom you will serve” (Josh 24:15)
- The Lord GOD: “Turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die?” (Ezek 33:11)
- Paul: “Behold, now is the favorable time, now is the day of salvation” (1 Cor 6:1-2)
- Jesus: “This will be your opportunity” (Luke 21:13)
Consider how those words apply to you this week. “This will be your opportunity”:
- To bear witness (Luke 21:13)
- To shine as a light in the darkness (1 Cor 10:11-13)
- To endure in a way that honors God (Luke 21:17-19)
- To build character (Rom 5:2-5)
- To do good (Gal 6:9-10)
- To love my enemy (Matt 5:43-45)
- To fulfill the royal law (James 2:8)
- To advance the gospel (Phil 1:12-14, 18-21)
It was Ann Landers who wrote, “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” Opportunities are also usually disguised as self-sacrifice, and most people aren’t interested in that. Disciples of Christ are to be different. Let’s be different this week.
This sermon was delivered on June 5, 2016.