Around the Web (2/23)
- Doy Moyer encourages us to understand what bitterness is and what bitterness does.
- Ashley Hudson reflects, “Sometimes, when I am sent a memento by those who know me best, I ask myself, ‘This is fantastic, but am I reminding them of Christ?‘”
- “The effort we put into worship matters. Effort is not the opposite of sincerity. Indeed, effort and sincerity often walk hand in hand.” Matthew Bassford explores mechanics and worship, particularly as it relates to song leading.
- Jim Faughn warns against “apatheism”–a new name for an old problem.
- Kindle deals: Meredith’s Complete Book of Bible Lists ($1.99), Onward: Engaging the Culture without Losing the Gospel (Moore, $2.99), The Absurdity of Unbelief (Johnson, $0.99). Also, the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentaries are on sale for $4.99 each: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus-Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua-Ruth, 1-2 Samuel, 1-2 Kings, 1-2 Chronicles, Ezra-Job, Psalms-Song of Songs, Isaiah, Jeremiah-Lamentations, Ezekiel-Daniel, The Minor Prophets.
NOTE: eBook deals come and go very quickly online. Links to sales are not blanket endorsements. As with everything from any human author, comparison with the Scriptures to “see if these things are so” (Acts 17:11) is highly encouraged.