- “Some question the assurance of salvation by going to 1 Peter 4:18. The King James Version says, ‘And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?’…If God’s grace is so great, and if our entrance into the eternal kingdom will be so abundant, then how can it also be true that we will be ‘scarcely’ saved?” Doy Moyer offers some helpful input.
- Tim Challies compares the half-trained dog to how we sometimes settle for “good enough” in our own lives.
- Ron Edmondson suggests seven ways to gain and keep trust as a leader.
- “What two words would you use to describe the ideal marriage?” Jackie Bledsoe compiles a list of 50 answers from a recent survey.
- Kindle deals: Several of Warren W. Wiersbe’s commentaries are on sale – Be Determined: Nehemiah ($1.99), Be Rich: Ephesians ($1.99), Be Joyful: Philippians ($1.99), Be Confident: Hebrews ($1.99), Be Mature: James ($0.99).
Wilson Adams introduces his newest book, God’s Amazing Grace.