- Kindle deals: All the Names in the Bible ($2.99), Behind The Preacher’s Door (FREE) edited by Warren Berkley, Demolishing Supposed Bible Contradictions ($3.49) by Ken Ham, If God Made the Universe, Who Made God? ($2.99), Letters To Young Preachers (FREE) edited by Warren Berkley and Mark Roberts, Worthy Is the Lamb ($2.99) by Ray Summers.
- Wes McAdams writes, “Many people today treat the Bible as a practical guide to life. They see Scripture as a divine self-help book. ‘If I follow the teachings in this book,’ they say to themselves, ‘I will have the job I want, the relationships I want, money in the bank, and great health.’ But I’m afraid, if you read the Bible in that way, you’re missing the point entirely.”
- Gary Henry explores why it pays to be as positive as possible.
- How paramount is love in the message of the gospel? How much of this idea of love was found in the surrounding culture of the day? Consider the following from Doy Moyer.
- Chris McCurley challenges Christians: “At some point, all of us should move from being a passive recipient to being an active servant. We need to be committed to becoming a self-feeder.”