- Kindle deals: Seasons of a Leader’s Life ($2.99) and The Painful Side of Leadership ($0.99) by Jeff Iorg.
- Matthew Bassford zeroes in on pride as a worship killer in his latest post of the hymn and the heart series.
- Bradley Cobb uses the Scriptures to show that starting over requires forgiveness.
- Ashleigh Slater offers three reasons to laugh together as a family.
- Samuel Kee straightforwardly reminds us that the church is called to be churchy.
via National Geographic:
Twenty years ago, the Hubble Space Telescope snapped one of its most iconic images ever. The three towering columns of gas bathed in the light of hot, young stars came to be called the Pillars of Creation — and they showed up on everything from t-shirts to coffee mugs to rugs. Now, to celebrate its 25th anniversary, Hubble has taken a new image of the well-known region in the Eagle Nebula, about 6,500 light-years away.
It’s even more glorious than the first.
Those “towers” are 5-light-years-tall. Inside are newborn stars. Ponder that for a moment and be led to worship.
He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names. Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. (Psa 147:4-5)