We live in a troubled world. Here are this morning’s headlines.
In such a troubled world, we desperately need God-shaped perspective. So did Isaiah. On the brink of an Assyrian invasion, this is what he was told.
For the LORD spoke thus to me with his strong hand upon me, and warned me not to walk in the way of this people, saying: “Do not call conspiracy all that this people calls conspiracy, and do not fear what they fear, nor be in dread. But the LORD of hosts, him you shall honor as holy. Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he will become a sanctuary…” (Isa 8:11-14)
What remarkably relevant input, even for today.
- Be careful who you listen to
- Don’t walk in the ways of this world
- Don’t be afraid to be different
- Reverently fear the LORD of hosts
- Honor him as holy
- Trust that he will serve as your sanctuary