- “How can I convince my wife that she is beautiful?” Nicole Whitacre offers a few insights into what women wish men knew about beauty.
- Doy Moyer poses an important question for our postmodern age: “How in the world can people possibly say that anything is wrong if they don’t have a standard for what is right?”
- Gary Henry writes, “The human heart has simply never entertained a more nourishing, strengthening thought than the idea that God is good — perfectly, lovingly, and victoriously good.”
- Berry Kercheville explores eight things elders need to excel in their work.
- Tim Challies suggests eight ways to get more done this week.
- God on Sex: The Creator’s Ideas about Love, Intimacy, and Marriage (Daniel L. Akin) – $2.99
- The Answers Book for Kids: Volume 3 (Ken Ham) – $2.51
- The Defender’s Guide for Life’s Toughest Questions (Ray Comfort) – $3.99
According to Deuteronomy 32:51, the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness of Zin following their exodus from Egypt. The River Zin cuts through the Negev Desert in southern Israel. But unlike most rivers, the Zin rarely has any water in it. The only time it flows is when enough rain falls in the mountains miles away to cause a flash flood. This flood then flows along the usually bone-dry river bed. The dramatic phenomenon most recently occurred on March 14, 2014.
Makes me think of Psalm 107:35.
He turns a desert into pools of water,
___ a parched land into springs of water.