- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day: What a Son Needs From His Dad: How a Man Prepares His Sons for Life (Michael O’Donnell) – $1.99 (80% off); The Apologetics Study Bible – $5.69 – (86% off); The Traveler’s Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success (Andy Andrews) – $0.99 (94% off).
- Kim Shay reflects on God’s grace in menopause.
- Ferrell Jenkins provides photographic assistance to help us visualize what Ezekiel would have had in mind when he described Egypt as a broken staff of reed.
- Doy Moyer writes, “Modern day Pharisees? That’s old hat. Conservatives get charged with that constantly. But what about modern day Sadducees? We don’t seem to hear much about them. But Jesus condemned their attitudes, also.”
- Peter Enns asks, “What does the Bible have to say about the crisis in Syria? HINT: Nothing. Absolutely nothing.”
Have you seen this Bible reference rainbow by Christoph Römhild and Chris Harrison? The colorful lines show the connection points of Bible cross references, changing color and arch depending on reach. From Harrison’s website:
The bar graph that runs along the bottom represents all of the chapters in the Bible. Books alternate in color between white and light gray. The length of each bar denotes the number of verses in the chapter. Each of the 63,779 cross references found in the Bible is depicted by a single arc – the color corresponds to the distance between the two chapters, creating a rainbow-like effect.