- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day: Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design (Stephen C. Meyer) – $2.99 (85% off); Your Girl: Raising a Godly Daughter in an Ungodly World (Vicki Courtney) – $0.99; Your Boy: Raising a Godly Son in an Ungodly World (Vicki Courtney) – $0.99.
- Does Abba really mean “Daddy?” Glenn Stanton checks the facts.
- Roger Shouse draws several practical points for the day from Genesis 6:6.
- Dene Ward reminds us, “Jesus wants us to leave all our baggage behind. Not just our lives of sin, but all those biases that keep us from seeing clearly.”
- Clay Gentry provides a word study on the Bible’s use of slave.
For a glimpse of the fruit of postmodernism on full display, here’s Rob Bell being pressed on the legitimacy of homosexual relationships within Christianity. (Warning: in a moment of apparent frustration, Bell uses some inappropriate language).
“It is time for the church to acknowledge that we have brothers and sisters who are gay and want to share their life with someone. This is a part of life in the modern world. And that’s how it is. And cultural consciousness has shifted. This is how the world is.
“I am for monogamy. I am for fidelity. I am for commitment. I think the world needs more of that. I think that promiscuity is dangerous and destructive. Some people are gay and want to share their life with someone, and they should be able to. That’s how the world is, and we should affirm that. And we should affirm monogamy, fidelity, and commitment, both gay and straight.”
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Rom 12:1-2)