- CHEAP eBook Deals of the Day: Happily Ever After: Six Secrets to a Successful Marriage (Gary Chapman) – $1.99 (88% off); Coach Wooden’s Pyramid of Success: Building Blocks for a Better Life (John Wooden) – $3.99 (69% off); Courageous: A Novel (Randy Alcorn) – $1.99 (87% off).
- Wes McAdams challenges us to remember, “God wants to give us more than we can even ask or imagine (Eph 3:20). Unfortunately, we keep trying to trade the future spiritual blessings of God for the immediate physical comforts of this world.”
- Andy Sochor provides a simple outline on discipleship: the foundation of discipleship, how to truly be a disciple, and the blessings of discipleship.
- Gary Henry explores the danger of granting little majesty to God and having little awe evoked within us. “Until we realize that the self-indulgent ‘worship’ that passes for reverence today is an insult to God, it’s not likely that we’ll seek Him as we should.”
- Clay Gentry has made a study guide of 1-2 Peter and Jude freely available for download in his Devoted to the Word Bible Study series.
ESPN analyst Chris Broussard spoke up yesterday in response to NBA player Jason Collins’ announcement in Sports Illustrated, “I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay.” Albert Mohler had some good follow-up cultural commentary in his The Briefing podcast this morning.