- CHEAP eBook Deal of the Day: Journey to Joy: The Psalms of Ascent (Josh Moody) – $0.99 (93% off).
- Ken Weliever issues a simple challenge: be kind. “In a world that is often insensitive, cold and calloused, Christians are called upon to be different. As we interact with our brethren, friends and family, let’s learn to be nice. Be considerate. Be caring. Be loving. Be patient. Be kind.”
- Andy Sochor provides a great survey of the wise warnings in Proverbs about alcohol.
- Gary Henry encourages us not to mistake the means for the end. “We can’t grow strong without using the means God has provided to that end, but we mustn’t forget what the end is. The ‘trees’ are sometimes so interesting, we lose sight of the ‘forest.’ We can become so caught up in the activities of spiritual growth that we begin enjoying them alone, just for their own sake. As strange as it may seem, we can lose touch with God while busying ourselves with the deeds of the devotional life.”
- Rickie Jenkins addresses parents who are concerned about training their children in the best way possible. “We search for fundamental keys that will help us to be successful. May I suggest a few of those fundamental keys are found in the Ten Commandments, especially the command to ‘honor thy father and mother’ (Ex. 20:12)?”
The Hubble Space Telescope has been in orbit for 23 years and, to celebrate this milestone, the space telescope revisited the famous Horsehead Nebula in the constellation of Orion.