Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world. (1 Pet 5:8-9)
What Can We Know About This Adversary?
- Satan (“the Adversary”) or the devil (“slanderer”) is real
- Satan is not deity
- Satan was not alone in his rebellion against God
- Satan is at odds with God
- Satan is an accusing, distorting, deceitful, crafty, corrupted liar
- Satan’s opportunities to accuse in heaven have come to an end
- Christians are prepped against Satan in terms of war
- Satan is passionate about opposing the gospel
- As a result of Satan and his influence, this world is a dark place
- Satan knows that his time is short
- Satan will not be alone in hell
This sermon was delivered on January 27, 2013.