- The 2012 Florida College Lectures book – available via Amazon as an e-book. Theme: Of First Importance: He Died and Was Buried – Studies in the Crucifixion of Jesus.
- Edwin Crozier encourages you to avoid a backup in your relational septic system.
- Clay Gentry continues his Exploring Biblical Imagery series with a look at Gehenna.
- Ferrell Jenkins provides a great visual example of what Zacharias would have had in mind when he “asked for a writing tablet” (Luke 1:63), reminding us that “a little insight into the culture of the time makes the Bible come alive.”
- How big is the universe – a dose of perspective for the day:
Carl Sagan (1934-1996), upon seeing one of the spectacular photos featured in the video declared, “Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.”
David (1000 BC) was moved to ask in Psalm 8:3-4, “When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?” Then again, he also assured us in Psalm 14:1, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God.'”