We are naturally moved by the sacrifices of others. But what about the sacrifice of Jesus? What exactly was accomplished in the shedding of his blood?
- Christians are ransomed with the precious blood of Christ (1 Pet 1:17-19).
- Christians have redemption through the blood of Christ (Eph 1:3-7).
- Christians are justified by the blood of Christ (Rom 5:6-9).
- By means of his own blood, Christ secured an eternal redemption (Heb 9:11-12).
- The blood of Christ purifies the conscience from dead works (Heb 9:13-14).
- Gentiles in the flesh are brought near by the blood of Christ (Eph 2:11-13).
- Christ makes peace by the blood of his cross (Col 1:18-20).
- Christians are sanctified by the blood of the covenant (Heb 10:26-29).
Truly, “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins” (Heb 9:22).
For more sermons, visit the Sermons archive.