In Psalm 127:1, Solomon wrote, “Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.” In March 2011 at Laurel Canyon, I preached a 7-part series of sermons entitled, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Each of those sermons is available below in video, audio, and interactive outline format.
Over the years, the topic of the home has intimated me just as much—if not more—than any other topic. There is so much brokenness to be seen in every direction and the stakes are eternally high. At different points throughout this series, I leaned (sometimes heavily) on the writings and sermons of others who are further down the road of life than me. Above all, my aim was to draw attention to the wisdom of God and his will for our homes. I hope the material is helpful and encouraging to you.
As always, to God be the glory, and may he bless us as we strive to build on the rock of truth.
- God Has a Blueprint for Your Home (Video | Audio | Outline)
- Extreme Makeovers Require Holy Demolition (Video | Audio | Outline)
- Avoiding Erosion at the Foundation of Marriage (Video | Audio | Outline)
- Locks on the Door of Marital Intimacy (Video | Audio | Outline)
- Framing Values of Godly Parenting (Video | Audio | Outline)
- Honoring Mom and Dad (Video | Audio | Outline)
- When Holy Construction Hits a Snag (Video | Audio | Outline)
For more sermon outlines and recordings, be sure to visit the Sermons archive.