“This was His plan from all eternity…” (Eph 3:11, NLT)
Before he laid the foundation of the world, God had a PLAN.
- This plan revolved around the sending of a PERSON.
- God’s person came with a PROCLAMATION of “good news.”
- The PEOPLE who responded to the proclamation of God’s person came to be known as the church of Jesus Christ.
He (God’s PERSON) came and preached peace (God’s PROCLAMATION) to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. From through him (God’s PERSON) we (God’s PEOPLE) both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you (God’s PEOPLE) are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus (God’s PERSON) himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. (Eph 2:17-21)
Listed below are three sermons devoted to this eternal purpose of God. They are a careful examination of that which was realized in God’s people as they responded to God’s proclamation about God’s person, all in accordance with God’s eternal plan.
1. God’s Person, Proclamation and People
2. The Sequel to the Greatest Story Ever Told
3. What Did the First Church Look Like?
To God be the glory.
For more sermon outlines and recordings, be sure to visit the Sermons archive.