If you’re looking for a Bible reading plan for 2011, you might consider using the schedule we’re following at Laurel Canyon. Throughout 2011, we will progressively cover Romans through Revelation in the New Testament, as well as the books of Psalms and Proverbs in the Old Testament. Practically speaking, this means that each week we’ll get a healthy blend of:
- New Testament encouragement and instruction for Christians.
- Passionate human expression (thanksgiving, praise, joy, sorrow, etc.) in the Psalms.
- God-breathed insight for living in the Proverbs.
One additional feature of these calendars for 2011 is a monthly action-item box for personal engagement and accountability.
- I know so many people who need Jesus. Each day this month, I am praying for ______.
- Authentic relationships are vital to my spiritual health. This month, I will invite ______ into my home or out for a meal.
- Opportunities to serve are everywhere. I cannot do something for everybody this month, but I can do something for ______. My goal is to ______.
Click here for the February 2011 reading calendar, and be sure to come back at the start of March for the continued schedule.