“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect” (Romans 12:2).
What is the means of our transformation? The renewal of our minds.
What is the goal of our transformation? That by testing we may discern the will of God.
If we develop such disciplined discernment, what will our transformed lives look like?
- “I am in the flesh, but I am not living according to the flesh.” (Romans 8:12-13)
- “I am in the world, but I am not of this world.” (John 15:18-19)
- “I have been set free, but I am not free from Christ.” (Galatians 5:13)
- “I am dedicated to living as a light, but not for my own glory.” (Matthew 5:14-16)
- “My life is hidden in Christ, but I am not hiding from God.” (Colossians 3:1-4)
- “I am living in view of eternity, but I know that my time here is limited.” (Ecclesiastes 12:7)
For more interactive outlines and mp3 recordings, be sure to visit the Sermons archive.