Everyone is familiar with the “golden rule” that Jesus gave in his famous Sermon on the Mount:
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” (Matthew 7:12)
But not everyone adopts the “golden rule” as their standard of life. Some live by:
- The Mud Rule: if I can’t have it, no one else will either!
- The Iron Rule: what’s mine is mine, and what’s yours is mine, so I’ll take it.
- The Fool’s Gold Rule: eat, drink, and be merry!
- The Bronze Rule: what’s mine is mine, and I won’t do anyone else any harm, but I’m going to keep what’s mine.
- The Silver Rule: whatever men do to you, do also to them.
This sermon is about each of those common “rules” of life, and why the golden rule endures as the greatest standard of conduct that the world has ever seen.
SERMON AUDIO :
- Download the mp3 file
- Click the PLAY button for streaming audio
For more interactive outlines and mp3 recordings, be sure to visit the Sermons archive.