1 Samuel 1 tells the story of Hannah—a woman of amazing strength. This sermon explores five practical lessons we can all (women and men) learn from her.
- She identified the Source of true strength: the depth of Hannah’s despair brought her close to God.
- She “plugged in to” the Source of true strength: Hannah believed in the power of prayer.
- She depended upon and remained faithful to the Source of true strength: Hannah kept her promise to God.
- She kept our own strength under control and used it in a God-glorifying way: when accused, Hannah’s attitude remained pure.
- She is a great example of the strength that can be passed on by a God-centered mother: we remember Hannah most as the mother of Samuel.
SERMON AUDIO :
- Download the mp3 file
- Click the PLAY button for streaming audio
For more interactive outlines and mp3 recordings, be sure to visit the Sermons archive.